Pradeep V.P. v. State of Kerala
In the High Court of Kerala
Before Justice Sunil Thomas
Decided on January 21, 2016
Relevancy of the case: Bail application for hosting a website and Facebook page containing child pornography
Statutes and Provisions Involved
- The Information Technology Act, 2000 (Section 66C, 67, 67B)
- The Indian Penal Code, 1860 (Section 34, 370(1))
Relevant Facts of the Case
- The petitioner along with other accused allegedly created a website and a Facebook page wherein pornographic images of minor girls, among others were posted with abusive comments.
Prominent Arguments by the Advocates
- The public prosecutor submitted that the final report for the case could not be submitted within the time limit prescribed by statutory provisions.
Opinion of the Bench
- Other accused have already been granted bail. Hence, the same can be done in the present case.
- Petition allowed, subject to bail conditions.
This case summary has been prepared by Nandini Gadgil, an undergraduate student at DES Shri Navalmal Firodia Law College, Pune, during her internship with The Cyber Blog India in January/February 2021.