Parveen Dhonchak v. State of Haryana
In the High Court of Punjab & Haryana
CRM-M No. 20919/2014
Before Justice Mehinder Singh Sullar
Decided on July 25, 2014
Relevancy of the case: Anticipatory bail application for sending obscene pictures to ex-wife
Statutes and Provisions Involved
- The Information Technology Act, 2000 (Section 67A)
- The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (Section 438)
Relevant Facts of the Case
- It was claimed that the petitioner had sent obscene pictures through e-mail to his divorcee wife who is the complainant.
- It was the only offence which the petitioner had allegedly committed and he was also granted interim bail by the court to join the investigation. The same was stated by the assistant sub-inspector in this case.
Opinion of the Bench
- The court was of the view that, as the petitioner was not previously involved in any criminal case and as he has already joined the investigation, he is no longer required for further interrogation.
- Application allowed.
- Anticipatory bail granted subject to certain conditions.
This case summary has been prepared by Loreal Sahay, an undergraduate student at University School of Law and Legal Studies, GGSIPU, during her internship with The Cyber Blog India in January/February 2021.