Arun v. State of Kerala
In the High Court of Kerala
Before Justice Sunil Thomas
Decided on February 29, 2016
Relevancy of the case: Bail application in a case involving the creation of a website and Facebook page showing sexually explicit content of minors
Statutes and Provisions Involved
- The Information Technology Act, 2000 (Section 67, 67B(b), 67B(c), 67B(d))
- The Indian Penal Code, 1860 (Section 370(1), 34)
- The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012 (Section 13, 14(1))
Relevant Facts of the Case
- The petitioner in this case was accused of creating a website and a Facebook page, where he, along with others, posted pornographic images of female minors. They also posted abusive, sexual, and obscene comments on these platforms.
- The petitioner was arrested by the police but the same was recorded after twenty-three days and he had been in custody till since then.
Opinion of the Bench
- Precedents are available with similar facts and situations, where bail was granted.
- Appeal allowed.
- Bail granted with conditions.