Ajith P Mohan v. Station House Officer
In the High Court of Kerala
Before Justice Raja Vijayaraghavan V
Decided on September 25, 2018
Relevancy of the case: Bail application for an offence of transmitting sexually explicit content.
Statutes and Provisions Involved
- The Information Technology Act, 2000 (Sections 67, 67A)
- The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (Section 439)
Relevant Facts of the Case
- The applicant allegedly created fake Facebook accounts and forwarded explicit videos and messages to the complainant and her husband.
Prominent Arguments by the Advocates
- The petitioner’s counsel argued that the applicant was innocent and was roped in as accused. He was also suffering from clinical depression and receiving treatment.
Opinion of the Bench
- The Court was of the view that the bail shall be granted in view of substantial progress in the investigation.
- Application allowed.
- Bail granted subject to certain conditions.
This case summary has been prepared by Shubhangi Gehlot, an undergraduate student at Law Faculty, Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, during her internship with The Cyber Blog India in May/June 2021.