The Internet offers such a variety of chances to make, find, and work together. Furthermore, to benefit as much as possible from the web, it’s important to keep yourself protected and secure. Whether you’re another Internet client or a specialist, the guidance and instruments here can assist you with exploring the web securely and safely.
- Always Browse on Secure Sites: Secure sites are the ones which have an HTTPS encryption, instead of the primitive HTTP encryption. The “S” here stands for secure. To know more about it, click here.
- Secure Your Passwords: Password is the key to access your private stuff, and this key should only remain with you. So, you must create a strong password, and keep changing it regularly. To know more about it, click here.
- Only surf on secure networks: Don’t connect to WiFi networks about which you don’t know, even if they aren’t secured. These networks may contain malicious software installed on them. Also be extra cautious while setting up your home WiFi. To know more, click here.
- Keep Your Device Clean: There’s always a risk of malwares, especially on your mobile devices. So, you must keep it clean and updated. Stay away from malwares, like mobogenie that get installed with other utility softwares. To know more, click here.
- Shop Online Safely: Online shopping portal is where most of the attackers focus, as it lays out your monetary details. Here you should be extra cautious, and make payments only through trusted sources. To know more about it, click here.
- Use 2 Factor Authentication: 2FA can help you add an extra layer to your account security. Even if someone gets to know your password, they’ll need the key for 2nd factor authentication. This will prevent unauthorized access to your personal account. To know more about it, click here.
- Lock Your Device/Screen: It is preferable to have as many passwords for you device as possible so that even if it gets lost, no one is able to access your private data. To know more about how to set passwords for your windows PC, click here.
These aren’t the only methods you must exercise, but through these you can ensure much more safety and security.