Ramchandra Sadanand Nadar v. State of Maharashtra
In the High Court of Bombay
Before Justice A.S. Gadkari
Decided on August 24, 2016
Relevancy of the case: Relationship between bail application and seizure of mobile device used in filming the incident
Statutes and Provisions Involved
- The Information Technology Act, 2000 (Section 66E)
- The Indian Penal Code, 1860 (Section 376)
Relevant Facts of the Case
- The applicant is seeking bail in crime number 91/2016.
- The applicant committed the offence as contemplated under Section 376 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860 and also recorded the incident on his mobile phone.
- By threatening the victim to display the recording, he sexually exploited her.
Opinion of the Bench
- The investigation agency has seized the mobile device during the investigation. However, the investigation agency is still waiting for the mobile phone’s forensic report.
- Application is allowed and the bail is granted.