Karnail Singh v. State of Haryana
In the High Court of Punjab & Haryana
Crl. Misc. No. M-25770/2013
Before Justice Ritu Bahri
Decided on November 6, 2013
Relevancy of the case: Bail in a case registered under Sections 66E, 67, and 67A of the IT Act, 2000
Statutes & Provisions Involved
- The Information Technology Act, 2000 (Sections 66E, 67, 67A)
Relevant Facts of the Case
- A man named Rohit Sharma was delivered a parcel by post containing CD, memory card, and papers.
- He played the CD that he received and found out that his wife is a part of the trade of flesh with other women. A video of his wife along with the petitioner was present in the CD.
- It was released on the internet with the name of the film “Aman Gagga Kaand.” Therefore, the case was registered under Section 66E, 67 and 67A of the Information Technology Act, 2000.
- Upon investigation, it was found that the SD Card and the CD had the same video. There was also a missing video and audio for one minute (05:42-06:47) and there was no intentional editing in the video.
Opinion of the Bench
- The bench held that the order for granting bail to the petitioner is made absolute until the challan is presented.
- The petition was disposed of.