Joshy Joseph v. State of Kerala
In the High Court of Kerala
Before Justice Sunil Thomas
Decided on February 05, 2016
Relevancy of the case: Bail application for allegedly creating and advertising website containing child pornography.
Statutes and Provisions Involved
- The Information Technology Act, 2000 (Section 67, 67B)
- The Indian Penal Code, 1860 (Section 34, 370(1))
- The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012 (Section 13, 14(1))
Relevant Facts of the Case
- The petitioner allegedly started a website called “kochusundarikal” and a Facebook page where pornographic pictures of minor girls were present with abusive and sexual comments. This was widely circulated and advertised on the internet.
- The petitioner was arrested and claimed bail on the ground that the final report was not filed within the statutory period.
- Application allowed.
- Bail granted with certain conditions.