Safhi Ilahi v. State of Punjab
In the High Court of Punjab & Haryana
Cr. Misc. M-32984/2014
Before Justice Inderjit Singh
Decided on January 28, 2016
Relevancy of the case: Quashing of FIR in a case where money was wrongly credited and later remitted
Statutes and Provisions Involved
- The Information Technology Act, 2000 (Section 66)
- The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (Section 482)
- Indian Penal Code, 1860 (Section 420, 465, 468, 471)
Relevant Facts of the Case
- The petitioner was allegedly using the amount wrongly credited in his bank account maintained with Bank of Baroda, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi.
- As soon as he came to know about the abovementioned error, the petitioner redeposited the said amount in his account which was later remitted to the original account.
- Now, the matter has been amicably settled between the parties. Hence, the petition to quash the FIR has been filed by the petitioner.
Opinion of the Bench
- Compromise brings peace and harmony between the parties. It would be futile to continue the proceedings since the parties have amicably settled their dispute.
- FIR quashed along with all subsequent proceedings.
This case summary has been prepared by Neelangini Tiwari, an undergraduate student at Kirori Mal College, DU, during her internship with The Cyber Blog India in January/February 2021.