Mahesh A R v. State of Kerala
In the High Court of Kerala
Crl.M.C. No. 6654 of 2015
Before Justice B. Kemal Pasha
Decided on October 29, 2015
Relevancy of the case: Amicable settlement of a case involving hacking
Statutes & Provisions Involved
- The Information Technology Act, 2000 (Section 43(a)(d), 66(c))
Relevant Facts of the Case
- The Petitioner (Mahesh AR) was accused of hacking a website owned by respondent B, under sections 43(a)(d) and Section 66 of the IT Act 2000.
- However, the matter had been amicably settled between the two parties and respondent submitted that he had no grievances and complaints against the petitioner.
Opinion of the Bench
- When the matter had been amicably settled between the two parties, there is no point in proceeding further with the investigation of the case. Also, no other criminal antecedents had been reported against the petitioner.
- The Crl.M.C. was allowed and all the proceedings against the petitioner thereof were quashed.