Jekibhai Sharadbhai Rami v. State of Gujarat
In the High Court of Gujarat
Crl. Misc. App. 4035/2015
Before Justice A.J. Desai
Decided on February 26, 2015
Relevancy of the case: Quashing of FIR in a case involving Sections 66E and 67A
Statutes & Provisions Involved
- The Information Technology Act, 2000 (Section 66E, 67A)
- The Indian Penal Code, 1860 (Section 114)
- The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (Section 482)
Relevant Facts of the Case
- The complainant’s neighbour informed her about the naked photos of the complainant which she had seen in her son’s mobile phone. Upon further enquiry, she found that her husband shared her nude photos on a WhatsApp group named King.
- Hence, the complainant lodged an FIR against her husband, i.e., the applicant in the present case. This is an application for quashing the FIR has been filed as the matter is amicably settled between the parties outside court.
Opinion of the Bench
- Referring to the case of Gian Singh v. State of Punjab, it was stated that the application needs to be considered as the complainant does not want to pursue this case further.
- The application was allowed. Hence, the impugned FIR was set aside.