Abhay Ramchandra Dani v. State of Maharashtra
In the High Court of Bombay
Ant. B. A. 1023/2019
Before Justice Sandeep K. Shinde
Decided on November 11, 2019
Relevancy of the case: Anticipatory bail application in a case involving stalking and transmission of obscene content
Statutes and Provisions Involved
- The Information Technology Act, 2000 (Section 67, 67A)
- The Indian Penal Code, 1860 (Section 354D, 509)
Relevant Facts of the Case
- The complainant and the applicant were acquainted with each other through a matrimonial site.
- After meeting with the applicant, the complainant decided not to get married to the applicant because she thought that they were not compatible.
- The complainant then filed a complaint against the applicant in the police station. The applicant was directed to attend the police station.
Prominent Arguments by the Advocates
- The petitioner’s counsel submitted that the applicant had attended the police station as directed.
- The respondent’s counsel stated that as the investigation is over and the charge sheet would almost be completed, the bail could be granted.
- Application allowed.
- Anticipatory bail granted.